YORKVILLE ESTATE PLANNING ATTORNEYS
What is Estate Planning?
People often wonder what estate planning law is. Estate planning law is a field of law focused on smoothly distributing one’s assets from one generation to the next with minimum or no taxation and without family conflict. Without family conflict is critical because often families have conflicts, which are natural between siblings, step-parents, and blended families. Furthermore, adult and minor children are different and have developed suspect views of one another. In most situations, these differences do not become major issues, until a loved one deceases or develops an incapacity.
Estate planning has several goals such as the following:
• Distribute one’s assets without the interference of a court or otherwise known as “probate court”
• Swiftly transfer one’s assets to the rightful beneficiary without conflict
• Avoid creditors such as divorcing spouses and creditor claims seizing one’s inheritance
• Protect loved one’s from themselves and other family members
• Keep family money in the family by avoiding in-laws
• Prepare seniors and family members for an incapacity by having appropriate powers of attorneys for property and healthcare
• Avoid will contest and set-up one’s estate plan to maximize privacy and minimize conflicts
• Protect one’s assets from special needs, Medicaid, and nursing home concerns
• Set up one’s personal and business assets in a manner that protects their assets from lawsuits and creditor claims
EXPERIENCED YORKVILLE ESTATE PLANNING ATTORNEYS
Sean Robertson is Managing Partner and Founder of Robertson Legal Group, LLC, which has expertise in estate planning, living trusts, and powers of attorneys. We also assist people with probate and guardianship appointments in the Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Aurora, Montgomery, Minooka, Shorewood, Bristol, and Newark, Illinois areas of Kendall County. Sean Robertson is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Our Yorkville Attorneys and Staff are eager to assist you and your loved ones with your estate planning and probate affairs. Reach Sean Robertson at 630-882-9117 or via email at Sean@RobertsonLegalGroupLLC.com.