What is an uncontested divorce?
An uncontested divorce is a divorce between two spouses where they negotiate the financial issues between themselves with the guidance of an experience divorce attorney. An uncontested divorce is not essentially where a husband and wife have all the issues figured out prior to meeting with an attorney.
Often, one or more spouses will consult an attorney and ask their basic questions. Then, the spouses can negotiate a resolution between themselves or enter mediation. At this point, the divorce attorney can draft the marital settlement agreement, which details the financial settlement between the parties. A good candidate for an uncontested divorce is spouses that have little property or have no children.
Uncontested Divorce in Kendall County, Yorkville, and Oswego IL
The Attorneys of Robertson Legal Group, LLC assist Kendall County couples and spouses with their uncontested divorces. An uncontested divorce may also be known as a “collaborative divorce”. The initial step to file a divorce case in Kendall County is the filing of a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.
Petition for Dissolution of Marriage
A Petition for Dissolution of Marriage is the initial paperwork in a divorce case in Yorkville and Kendall County. Divorces are a stressful period of time and the divorce process is confusing and costly. An uncontested divorce is an opportunity for a husband and wife to initiate the divorce process in a manner that minimizes costs and efficiently finalizes the divorce.
Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage and Prove Up
The final stage of an uncontested divorce involves filing out a Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage. A “Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage” is the final entry of judgment declaring the marriage as dissolved. The Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage addresses critical issues involved in the divorce case such as the following:
• Addresses Property Division of Assets
• Discusses spousal support and the party’s agreement related to spousal maintenance
• Talks about child support and financial issues such as an allocation of daycare expenses, educational expenses, extracurricular expenses, and any other pertinent financial issues involving children
• Payment of Attorney’s Fees and Whether a Contribution Hearing is Waived
• Retirement Accounts such as 401(k), 403(b), and other retirement accounts
• Any other financial issues such as re-payments of debts and any agreements related to debts and assets.
In conclusion, Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC are Yorkville and Kendall County divorce attorneys that assist people with uncontested divorces in Kendall County and nearby counties. Sean Robertson offers a FREE initial consultation. Sean Robertson may be reached at 630-882-9117.