Family Lawyer Serving Joliet, Plainfield and Surrounding Areas
Family law matters are both personally and legally complicated. Because these cases involve strong emotions and high stakes, having experienced and knowledgeable counsel is essential. At Robertson Legal Group, LLC, we have over 12 years of experience representing clients in family law matters. A significant portion of our family law practice is dedicated to divorce and divorce-related matters, but we also handle other family law issues including paternity disputes. In every case, we are dedicated to aggressively representing the interests of our clients whether it is through negotiation or litigation.
Experienced Divorce Representation in Will County
A divorce is a very significant event in a person’s life, and divorce proceedings can dramatically impact your future and the future of your children. Attorney Sean Robertson understands the high stakes involved in any divorce. He is highly invested in each case that we take and makes sure he is accessible to our clients throughout the divorce process.
At our firm, we work with our clients to outline reasonable objectives, and we strive to achieve those objectives to the greatest extent possible. We are skilled in negotiating and litigating all divorce-related matters including:
- Child Custody (Allocation of Parental Responsibilities)
- Child Support
- Spousal Support/Maintenance
- Visitation (Parenting Time)
- Property Division
Our goal is to resolve divorce matters as efficiently and effectively as possible so that our clients can move on to the next chapter of their lives.
High Asset Divorce
Because we have a strong financial background, many of our divorce clients have high asset estates. High asset estates pose added challenges for the divorce process including:
- Complex property division matters – When there are substantial assets involved in a marital estate, those assets must be valued and divided according to the principle of equitable distribution, which is the law in Illinois. Business interests, real estate holdings, retirement savings, and investment funds must be handled properly for a fair outcome to be achieved.
- Child support matters – Following an update to Illinois Law that took effect in July 2017, child support is now determined based on parents’ combined net income and the percentage that each parent contributes to that combined income. Each parent’s amount of parental responsibility and parenting time will also be considered.
- Spousal support and maintenance – While this is also a determined statutory formula, having significant assets can complicate the calculation.
If you are considering a divorce, are already involved in divorce proceedings, or have another family law matter that requires experienced legal counsel, contact us at 630-882-9117 to schedule a free initial consultation. We will meet with you to discuss the specifics of your situation and the legal options available to you. Our firm is located in Naperville and Joliet, Illinois, and we work with clients throughout Will County including Plainfield, Bolingbrook and Romeoville.