Physician Asset Protection
Lawyer Helping Doctors and Surgeons Protect Assets in Yorkville, Oswego, and Kendall County
Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC concentrate in the areas of estate planning and asset protection for physicians, surgeons, OB/GYNs, nurse practitioners, and medical doctors. We understand that the risk to physicians and medical professionals is substantial. A medical malpractice lawsuit has the capacity to exceed policy limits of professional malpractice insurance and threaten the economic and family viability of physicians and their families.
OB/GYNs and Surgeons are likely to face substantial malpractice lawsuits, which risk a family’s assets in a major way. A proper business and asset protection strategy is critical to having a defensive strategy against business liability creditors and malpractice lawsuits. Unlike most estate planning attorneys, Sean Robertson has faced substantial lawsuits and judgments against physicians and medical practitioners, and he knows how to properly protect your assets. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is not a place where a physician or their family wants to be due to their failure to provide a complete asset protection strategy against creditor concerns.
Asset Protection for OB-GYNs and Surgeons in Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Shorewood, and Joliet
Malpractice insurance is often inadequate to fully protect one’s family and practice. The awards of juries and judges in medical malpractice lawsuits can be substantial, especially when dealing with the death of a patient. Furthermore, most physicians and their families fail to consider the liability risks that are involved when they have investments, vacation real estate, and business interests outside of their professional practices.
Asset protection provides legal planning against business liability risks and creditor concerns that can threaten a family’s personal assets. During the Great Recession, Sean Robertson fought hard in the court room to protect his clients’ hard-earned assets against banks, plaintiff’s attorneys, and other creditor concerns. Unlike most estate planning attorneys, Sean Robertson has first hand experience in dealing with aggressive plaintiff’s lawyers and creditors threatening a business or family’s financial livelihood. While he no longer practices in the areas of litigation law, this experience helped make him a much better estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
Estate Planning for Physicians and Their Families in Yorkville, Oswego and Kendall County
Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC assist physicians and medical doctors and their families in creating estate plans, wills and trusts, life insurance trusts, and irrevocable trusts to protect their hard-earned assets against liability concerns and threats. Sean Robertson has a substantial amount of tax planning, wealth preservation, and trust planning experience that can benefit physicians and their families. With his understanding of how to properly structure an estate plan and maximize asset protection, he can help physicians and their families plan for the future with minimal conflicts and concerns.
Unlike most estate planning attorneys, Sean Robertson has experience in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, divorce, and family law. Family matters and civil lawsuits are a substantial concern among many physicians and their families, and court room experience in these areas is critical.
Wealth Planning and Wealth Management Services in Kendall County
Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC can provide physicians and their families with the a wide variety of estate planning and asset protection services, including:
- Revocable Living Trusts: Assisting with planning one’s estate, minimizing family conflicts, and avoiding probate court.
- Irrevocable Trusts: Protecting one’s liquid and illiquid business and family assets against creditor concerns and lawsuits.
- Last Wills and Testaments: Amending one’s will and ensuring that property is correctly distributed to one’s heirs.
- Family Limited Partnerships and Corporations: Asset protection and family wealth planning using sophisticated estate planning and business planning strategies for families to protect their hard-earned wealth and assets.
- Power of Attorney for Healthcare and Finances: Providing peace of mind in case of a disability (incapacity) or health-related issues.
- Cancer Estate Planning: Ensuring that people facing life-threatening illnesses have peace of mind that their assets will be transferred with ease and simplicity while avoiding probate court.
- Special Needs Planning: Planning for children and adults with disabilities or other needs whose inheritance may jeopardize their government benefits.
- Medicaid and Nursing Home Estate Planning: Working to shelter and protect assets from the excessive costs and liability risks associated with nursing home care.
- Minor Guardianship Planning: Helping couples plan their estates and develop comprehensive plans for their minor children.
Contact an Experienced Yorkville, Plainfield, and Kendall County Asset Protection and Wealth Accumulation Attorney
Attorney Sean Robertson is an experienced wealth planning and accumulation attorney with over 14 years of experience in the areas of wealth management, asset protection, and estate planning, and he is passionate about helping families and business owners protect their hard-earned family wealth and assets. For more information about how Robertson Legal Group, LLC can help you create an estate plan, contact us online or call our office at 630-882-9117.
Sean Robertson helps families with their estate planning and asset protection goals in and around the Yorkville and Kendall County areas, including Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Plainfield, Shorewood, Minooka, and Joliet.