Kendall County Franchise and Business Attorneys
Sean Robertson is a Franchise and Business Attorney that concentrates in representing franchise owners concerning the purchase and sale of their franchise. If you are a franchise or subfranchisor and master franchisee, Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC can assist you. Robertson Legal Group, LLC has offices in Yorkville and Kendall County, Illinois near Plano, Oswego, Yorkville, Bristol, Newark, Aurora, Plainfield, Joliet, and Plattville.
KENDALL COUNTY AND YORKVILLE SALE AND PURCHASE OF A FRANCHISE ATTORNEYS
When you are purchasing or selling a franchise, purchasing or selling a franchise is a significant financial and business investment. Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC can assist you with the Asset Purchase Agreement, Franchise Corporate and Limited Liability Corporation (“LLC”) Resolutions, Bill of Sale for Franchise, and other important legal documents for your Franchise.
Whether you are purchasing or selling the franchise, Sean Robertson is experienced and can assist you.
PLAINFIELD, JOLIET, OSWEGO, AND YORKVILLE FRANCHISE AND LLC BUSINESS LAWYERS
Sean Robertson assists business owners and franchise owners with the following legal documents (and more):
- Letters of Intent (for the Purchase or Sale of a Business or Franchise);
- Asset Purchase Agreements (or Purchase and Sale Agreements);
- Promissory Notes and Security Agreements for Seller financing of a Franchise;
- Commercial Real Estate Reviews for Business Owners and Franchises;
- Non-Compete, Non-Disparaging Remarks, and Non-Disclosure Agreements;
- Closing Statements for the Purchase and Sale of a Business or Franchise;
- Bills of Sale
- Affidavits of Title;
- Purchase or Sale of Real Estate especially commercial real estate;
- Business Formation Advice for Business Owners and Franchise Owners such as the formation of Limited Liability Corporations; S corporations; & Limited Partnerships;
- Assignment of Commercial Real Estate Leases
Sean Robertson and his team at Robertson Legal Group, LLC are experienced, attorneys.
Furthermore, Sean Robertson is a serial entrepreneur and understands how business decisions affect legal considerations. One complaint most business owners have about attorneys is their inability to understand and appreciate business considerations. As an experienced business owner, Sean Robertson has hired and fired employees and has utilized the services of 1099 contractors. Sean Robertson and his team understand the best practices, which affect your business operations and profitability.
OSWEGO, PLAINFIELD, JOLIET, PLANO, AND YORKVILLE IL BUSINESS FORMATION ATTORNEYS FOR LLCs, S CORPORATIONS, AND FRANCHISE OWNERS
Incorporations and business formations are critical business decisions. Sean Robertson and his team have a substantial amount of tax planning experience with setting up and the operation of Limited Liability Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Partnerships, and S corporations. Unfortunately, payroll and employment taxes drastically affect the decision on whether to be taxed as a partnership or s corporation.
Sean Robertson and his team at Robertson Legal Group, LLC can assist you in incorporating your S corporation or LLC. Unlike legal zoom, Sean Robertson can provide your business customized legal expertise in addition to their incorporation legal services. Sean Robertson’s legal prices for incorporations of LLCs and S corporations are like Legal Zoom. Thus, there is no need to utilize the tools of an online corporation service that is not familiar with your concerns and needs.
Sean Robertson also can assist franchise owners with canceling assume names and setting up doing business as names. Sean Robertson is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Sean Robertson resides in Yorkville, Illinois, which is near Plainfield, Shorewood, Oswego, and Yorkville, Illinois.
KENDALL COUNTY, YORKVILLE, AND OSWEGO BUSINESS AGREEMENTS AND CONTRACT ATTORNEYS FOR FRANCHISE OWNERS AND BUSINESS OWNERS
Entering into business agreements or otherwise known as “Contracts” are critical legal issues. Sean Robertson can provide experienced legal counsel and cost-effective solutions for your franchise or business. Sean Robertson and his team have litigated business contracts and agreements and understand how business agreements/contracts affect your franchise or business. This legal expertise is invaluable because you get the experience of trial and error on your team without you having to make the same mistakes.
Here are examples of the types of business agreements, we assist franchise owners and business owners with:
- Bank Financing and Seller financing legal documents such as promissory notes, security agreements, and mortgages;
- Purchase and Sale of Commercial Real Estate;
- Non-Compete Agreements, Non-Disparaging Remarks, and Non-Disclosure Agreements;
- Commercial Real Estate Leases and Amendments;
- Acquisition of Real Estate including corporate and business formation issues involving asset protection legal advice;
- Business and individual asset protection legal advice and documents:
- Letters of Intent and Asset Purchase Agreements;
- Corporate and LLC Resolutions Authorizing the Purchase or Sale of a Franchise;
- Bills of Sale and Affidavits of Title;
- Quit Claim Deeds for Real Estate Owners and Business Owners;
- Promissory Notes and Security Agreements;
- Land Sale Contracts
- Bylaws and LLC Operating Agreements
- Written Partnership, Corporation, and LLC Written Agreements including investor financing issues;
- Equipment and Property Leases;
- Purchase Orders or Business Service Agreements;
- Indemnity agreement;
- Employment and 1099 Agreements and Contracts including w9s;
- Director and Officer Agreements for Business Owners;
- Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements;
- Business Dissolutions and Name Changes;
- Amendments to Articles of Incorporation (Naperville, Illinois)
- Change of Registered Agent’s Name and Address;
- Business agreement modifications and contract amendments;
- Business Agreements and contract drafting;
- Business Disputes and Negotiations;
- Holding Company and Subsidiary Company Agreements;
- Series Limited Liability Corporations (“LLCs”);
- Real Estate Investment and Flipping Real Estate Documents.
KENDALL COUNTY, PLANO, OSWEGO, YORKVILLE, PLAINFIELD, AND JOLIET COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE LEASE AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SALE ATTORNEYS
Sean Robertson and his team at Robertson Legal Group, LLC assist franchise and business owners with the purchase and sale of commercial real estate and the entering into commercial real estate leases. Sean Robertson can help you to negotiate these terms or draft your commercial real estate agreements as you want. Another critical consideration is asset protection. Signing a personal guarantee for a commercial real estate lease may jeopardize your own home. Robertson Legal Group, LLC often suggest utilizing a Land Trust to protect against private liens against a house. This is a significant decision because a husband and wife’s original investment is their family home. Business ownership is risky, and business ownership brings substantial liability concerns especially if a business venture fails or has significant financial matters. Protecting your hard-earned investments such as the family home and investment property is a significant concern for most families and franchise owners.
KENDALL COUNTY ESTATE PLANNING AND ASSET PROTECTION COUNSEL FOR BUSINESS OWNERS AND FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESSES
Protecting one’s real estate and investments are critical issues for most entrepreneurs and franchise owners. Generally, a husband or wife is involved as a w2 employee while another spouse manages the day to day operations of the franchise. Having experienced professional legal advice on asset protection issues are critical to business owners and franchise owners. One bad business decision may affect a lifetime of hard work. Most husbands and wives make the mistake of both wanting to own the family business which is a big mistake. By operation of Illinois law, a husband and wife automatically own the family business. Thus, placing both husband and wife’s name on the franchise or business creates an additional liability concern. It is best to have a safe spouse who typically has the w2 job to remain off the company. A substitute for business ownership could be placing a husband or wife as a manager instead of an owner. A manager and owner have the same roles and duties. A manager can work at the franchise or business without liability concerns, unlike an owner or member or shareholder.
Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC also assist business owners and franchise owners in the Kendall County area such as Oswego, Bristol, Newark, Yorkville, Plainfield, Joliet, Aurora, Montgomery, Shorewood, and Plattville areas with their estate planning and living trust. Sean Robertson and his team of professionals are experienced business, estate planning, and asset protection attorneys. Whether you own a franchise or multiple franchises, setting up the correct business structure is vital for business and franchise owners.
YORKVILLE, PLANO, AND OSWEGO FRANCHISE AND BUSINESS ATTORNEYS FOR FRANCHISE OWNERS
In conclusion, Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC provides experienced business legal counsel and business advice for franchise owners and business owners. Sean Roberson is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law where you got tax planning experience coupled with his law degree. This experience includes the following areas:
–Corporate Taxation (S corporations and C corporations);
–Partnership and LLC Taxation;
–Business Organizations and Agreements;
–Federal Income Taxation and Individual Tax Planning;
–Employee Benefits and Benefits Planning;
–Estate Planning: Wills and Trust Planning for Business Owners and Franchise Owners;
–Family Limited Partnerships and Family Business Counseling
–Advanced knowledge of LLC Operating Agreements and S corporation Bylaws including Limited Partnerships.
This tax planning background coupled with his business and asset protection background make Robertson Legal Group, LLC and Sean Robertson an excellent choice of business and franchise owners. Unlike most business owners, Sean Robertson is a business owner and entrepreneur that understands how business decisions affect your legal decision making.
Whether you want to set up a business or Limited Liability Corporation or you are interested in selling your franchise or purchasing a franchise, Sean Robertson provides responsive legal services. Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC may be reached at 630-780-1034 or via the online contact form.