Joliet Uncontested Divorce Attorneys
UNCONTESTED DIVORCE ATTORNEYS IN JOLIET IL
Sean Robertson is the Founder of Robertson Legal Group, LLC, which are uncontested divorce attorneys in Joliet, Illinois. Our law firm focuses on Kendall County and Will County Divorce Proceedings. Sean Robertson is a 15 year experienced divorce and child custody attorney that concentrates in amicable and uncontested divorces in Joliet, Illinois.
UNCONTESTED DIVORCE PROCESS IN JOLIET
There are several steps in the uncontested divorce process in Joliet. The first step is the filing of a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. A Petition for Dissolution of Marriage is a legal document for divorce, which summarizes key information about the divorcing couples’s case such as the following:
- Date of Marriage and Location of Marriage
- The parties’ names including their ages and background
- Whether the couple have any children
- How the parties are looking to divide marital property and liabilities
- Method of splitting attorney’s fees
- Spousal Maintenance or Otherwise known as “Alimony” or “Spousal Support”
Generally, the filing of the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage is signed by the Plaintiff Spouse. Typically, this document is a legal template and it is a summary of basic marital information. After filing the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage, the divorcing couple can divorce after 30 days elapses. In Illinois, most courts have a 30 day divorce policy, which means that a Judge will not approve the divorce terms until the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage has been filed for at least 30 days.
MARITAL SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT IN JOLIET
The Marital Settlement Agreement (“MSA”) is the property and financial settlement between the parties. The MSA outlines the key terms involving the divorce including the following:
- Division of Marital Property and Liabilities
- Defines Marital and Non-Marital Property
- Spousal Support and Spousal Support Calculations
- Child Support and related allocation of expenses
- Reservation of return to maiden name
- Period of time a party has to re-title assets such as automobiles, real estate, and other assets
- Terms of Attorney’s Fee Split
These are several examples of the many items that are detailed and outlined in the marital settlement agreement. Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC provide experienced divorce representation and drafting of Marital Settlement Agreements in uncontested divorces in Joliet, Illinois.
CONTACT YOUR JOLIET UNCONTESTED DIVORCE ATTORNEYS TODAY AT 630-882-9117
Sean Robertson is an experienced uncontested divorce attorney in Joliet. We have offices in Shorewood, Naperville, and Yorkville. We concentrate in Joliet uncontested divorce cases. Whether you have an uncontested divorce matter in Will County or Kendall County (or related County), Sean Robertson and his team of attorneys can assist you. We can be reached at 630-882-9117.